- From our most recent harvest, premium Arabica unroasted green beans from the best Caturra micro-lots at our fourth generation family farm. Caturra is a natural mutation of Bourbon and is the benchmark Central American coffee from which all others are measured in the region. Well-known for its rich sweetness and gentle profile, it is a well-balanced, smooth coffee. Its sweetness is complimented by a distinctive citrus acidity and pleasant cacao notes.
- Specialty green coffee beans with 5 or less defects and no primary defects per 300 grams; moisture content between 11-13%.
- Strictly high grown under shade trees, harvested by hand, European prepared, fully washed and naturally dried.
- Produced sustainably with the highest standards for our fellow Nicaraguans and natural resources.
- Recommended roast profile is medium (also known as city or regular) in order to highlight the delicate nuances of the bean.
Specialty Grade Unroasted Green Coffee Beans From Fourth Generation Family Farm
In 1929, Don Felipe began growing Arabica coffee on his farm in the mountains of Jinotega, Nicaragua. Over the years, our family perfected his processes ensuring the finest specialty coffee is produced. With low acidity, our coffee boasts smooth, sweet characteristics and citrus notes. Primos Coffee Company never blends our coffee with others thereby maintaining its unique qualities. The delicate nuances of our beans are best experienced at a medium roast profile.
Fruit Develops For Eight Months After Plant Flowers
In May, the farm smells sweet with the flowering of the coffee plants. Beneath each bloom is a tiny coffee fruit, or cherry. Protected by a canopy of shade, the coffee cherries develop slowly over eight months, enhancing their flavor.
Strictly High Grown, Shade Grown & Hand Picked
Harvested by hand, each plant is passed several times during the crop with only the ripe cherries being individually picked. The cherries are wet milled daily with natural spring water to remove the skin and pulp. The remaining seeds, or beans, are then fermented for 36 hours.
Fully Washed, Naturally Dried, European Prepared
The beans are fully washed and then naturally dried in the fresh air and strong sun to a moisture content between 11-13%. They are prepared to a defect specification of 5 or less and no primary defects per 300 grams. The dried green beans are exported directly to our Texas facility where they are maintained in a temperature controlled environment in bags specifically designed to maintain freshness.